The Laundromat Cat
Sudsy the cat lives in the laundromat. She can only stay if she catches the mouse that likes to play in the laundry. The mouse has lots of hiding places – pockets and bedsheets, socks and shirts. But what happens when he jumps in the washing machine and Sudsy leaps in after him? Someone throws in a load of wash! How will they escape? Join the chase, as Sudsy the cat and Whiskers the mouse leap out of the laundry and end up friends.
As a writer, I’ve always been drawn to opposites. I’m passionate about language — both written and spoken — and I love both the solitude of writing and the public nature of the spoken word. Writing is a contemplative act, a lifelong quest for clarity, beauty and wisdom. Reading and speaking for an audience is one of the joys of my life.
— Carole Giangrande
Awards and Recognition
- The Tender Birds wins 2020 Miramichi Reader’s “Very Best” Book Award for Fiction (Gold Medal). Read the 5-Star Review
- The Tender Birds wins Independent Publishers’ Award (IPPY) 2020 Silver Medal for Literary Fiction.
- Carole’s essay “Death of a Red-Tailed Hawk” nominated for a Pushcart Prize.
- All That Is Solid Melts Into Air wins Independent Publishers’ Award (IPPY) 2018 Gold Medal for Literary Fiction.
- All That Is Solid Melts Into Air shortlisted for the Mary Sarton Women’s Book Award (Contemporary Fiction).
- All That Is Solid Melts Into Air winner of the 2017 Miramichi Reader “Very Best” Book Award for Fiction.
- Lyric Essay Award for Goshawk, published in Eastern Iowa Review, 2016
- A Gardener On The Moon won the Ken Klonsky Novella Prize from Quattro Books, 2010